- A short history of post production dubbing
- Burroughs' recordings of cut up technique that went on to inspire Bowie among others
- Superb breakdown of the mix of Heroes by Tony Visconti
- The Guardian 'Soundscapes in the Clouds'
- Radio 4 'The Hidden Power of Noise'
- Interview with recently departed godfather of drone, Tony Conrad
- New York Times 'A Conversation with Whales'
(Sperm whale) vocalizations, along with blue whales’, are the loudest animal sounds on the planet; the pressure waves can blow out human eardrums and conceivably rupture lungs. Diving with them was considered suicide.
- Martyn Ware of The Human League and Heaven 17 has composed a long form soundscape about the British coastline: